Dec 12, 2022
Hannah and Shane are the artistic duo behind Spontaneous Deuce: a big breaded baking sensation that has been taking the NI Artisan markets by storm.
After studying art in London and travelling around the world on a food pilgrimage, the couple have just opened a bakery in Hillsborough called Round House Bakery.
In today’s episode we talk about:
- Growing up on a Christmas tree farm
- Wanting to leave Northern Ireland
- Adventures around London, France and Norway
- What brought them home again
- Starting their baking business with an ordinary oven and cast iron skillet
- Why big bread is so awesome
- And their new artisan bakery (we went to the opening last Saturday and it was absolutely incredible).
Check it out.
Full webpage: https://bestofbelfast.org/stories/round-house-bakery